Please note that you must be aligned with a team before you can register. If you are a new player to the league (or returning after an absence), please fill out our New Player Form.
There are two separate systems - AFFINITY, THE CSAN SYSTEM (instructions below), AND THE GGWSL WEB SITE.
1. CSAN Team Annual Mandatory Form. Each Fall season, before any players can be registered via Affinity, each team representative must complete, sign and submit the CSAN Team Annual Mandatory Form and return to CSAN (email@example.com). If the form hasn't been filled out, your team will not show up on Affinity. Please submit this form to CSAN at least 3 weeks prior to the start of the season.
CSAN Team Annual Mandatory Form - Fillable
CSAN Team Annual Mandatory Form - Non-Fillable
A. THE PLAYER REGISTERS SELF (preferred method)
- Go to CSAN Affinity home page Hit the REGISTRATION link (top right corner)
- First-time users, select the current season and the primary team that you will be joining. Hit the button to CREATE AN ACCOUNT (right side of the page under the green LOGIN button).
- Returning players, login in with your USERNAME and password. If you have forgotten your PW hit the link for Forgot Username or Password? Follow instructions to change your PW.
- Follow the links, inputting the necessary information into the system. If you are a returning player, your information will automatically populate.
- If an existing photo doesn't display, cancel and try again, be sure your name is spelled exactly like the previous season. If the photo still doesn't show up, upload a new photo. Your photo must be a front-facing headshot of only you (no hat or sunglasses may be worn). Taking a selfie of yourself is fine.
- Sign the online Electronic Legal Agreement (ELA).
- Your player pass can either be mailed to you or picked up at the CSAN Office. One team member may go to the office to pick up all team player passes.
- Pay the $31.50 player fee.
B. TEAM MANAGER REGISTERS ALL TEAM MEMBERS
- Go to CSAN Affinity home page
- If your team has a roster of 27 players, your team will not show up on the drop-down list. Players will need to be released before new players can be registered. Team managers, please Go to the CSAN Player Release/Transfer page for full instructions
- Hit the REGISTRATION link (top right corner). The team manager uses their own login to enter the registration information for each team member.
- Follow the links, inputting the necessary information into the system. Returning players' information will automatically be populated.
- If an existing photo doesn't display, cancel and try again, be sure the players' name is spelled exactly like the previous season. If the photo still doesn't show up, upload a new photo. The photo must be a front-facing headshot of only the player (no hat or sunglasses may be worn).
- Sign the online Electronic Legal Agreement (ELA) for each player registered.
- The player passes can be mailed to you or picked up at the CSAN Office. One team member may go to the office to pick up all team player passes.
- The manager pays for all the players registered. The fee is $31.50 per player.
The team manager can have the players sign the CSAN waiver via one of the three options below.
- Save the Affinity Electronic Legal Agreement (ELA) as a pdf and have the player sign the ELA with an e-signature. You will be able to upload the e-signed document to the player's Affinity profile.
- Have individual players sign Release of Liability Form - Single Player (CSAN). The manager can then scan the form and attach it to the player's Affinity profile. The waiver can also be uploaded next to the player's photo on Affinity.
- Have all team members sign the CSAN Team Waiver Form. This form can either be turned into the CSAN office (by email, fax, mail or dropped off at the office) or be uploaded next to the players' photo on Affinity.
CSAN will only issue player passes once the Affinity ELA or CSAN waiver has been verified. EVERY PLAYER MUST SIGN THE AFFINITY ELECTRONIC LEGAL AGREEMENT (online) OR SIGN THE CSAN WAIVER (Paper). This is a CSAN and USASA (United States Adult Soccer Association) Requirement.
PAPER REGISTRATION (if online is unavailable): Please submit paperwork at least 3 weeks prior to the start of the season.
- Each player will need to sign the Player Registration Form and the CSAN Release of Liability Form.
- Each player needs to submit an original photo or from a color printer (Xerox'd copies will not be accepted). The photo must be a forward-facing headshot (no sunglasses or hat). Photos should be sized approximately 2" x 2" and taped to the square on the top right corner of the Player Registration Form.
- Please submit paperwork (either by email or in-person to the CSAN office ). You can pay by credit card or check.
PLAYER RELEASES: Go to the CSAN Player Release/Transfer page for full instructions.
Transfers and dual registrations require a paper form that can either be emailed, mailed or brought to the CSAN office with the $10 fee. All paper forms can be found here.
PLAYER RELEASE & TRANSFER: Go to the CSAN Player Release/Transfer page for full instructions. The manager of the team the player is being released FROM must complete and submit the online CSAN Player Release. There is no fee to release a player online.
Players transferring use the Transfer Player Registration form.
The manager must complete and submit the online CSAN Player Release. Once CSAN confirms that the player has been released, the team can register the new player online. There is no fee to release a player online.
DUAL PLAYER: Players who play on both an OPEN and an Over 35 team need to complete and sign the CSAN Multiple Player Registration forms at the beginning of each fall season or the season they start to play on multiple teams.
Each player must have a player pass with the name of each team they are registered on. The fee for the secondary registration is $10. So players pay $31.50 for the Primary Team and $10 for the Secondary Team pass.
INJURED RESERVE: A player can be placed on IR if injured, and you want the player to stay registered with your team, and not released. Send CSAN an email requesting that the player be placed on IR, along with a doctor's note. CSAN will place the player on IR and the team will be able to add another player to the roster if needed. The player must remain on IR for 30 days before they can be placed back on active status.
SPRING REGISTRATION: Only players who are new to the League or past players who did not play the previous fall need to register.
ALL PAPER FORMS CAN BE FOUND HERE.
CSAN CONTACT INFORMATION:
www.csan.net // Office@CSAN.net
CSAN - California Soccer Association - North: 1346 Silver Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94134
415-467-1881 (office) // 415-467-1934 (fax)
Copyright Ian Clarke
Site created by http://www.iclarke.net