Summer Season 2022!
Free Agent Registration is still OPEN!
We will attempt to keep players from the regular season on the same team for the summer season but may not be able to due to limited space. We will be trying to balance the teams within each division for competitiveness and fun. Please do not expect divisions to be as competitive as the fall or spring seasons. Thank you for understanding.
- All games will be on Sundays
- The small-sided games will consist of either 6, 7, or 8 a-side (depending on the total number of players).
- All games will be on half a regulation-size field.
- The number of signups will decide the team roster maximum. We suggest at least 12 to 14 per team with a cap of 20.
- Signups are done individually, but players can request team placement.
- The cost is $75 per player.
- Games will consist of 30-minute halves switching sides at the half.
- Free Agents - Those players who are new to the summer season or would like to change teams, please select FREE AGENT from the dropdown menu when you register.
- O50 - anyone grandmothered-in or 47 years or older is eligible
- You can register to play in two different divisions as long as age requirements are met.
East Bay Games will be in Berkeley at Tom Bates Field
- O35 and O50 - 8-week leagues - June 26 to August 14 / 9:00 am, 10:00 am, 11:00 am, OR 12:00 pm game times
San Francisco games will be at either Beach Chalet or Franklin Square
- Open/Blended - 8-week league - June 26 to August 14 / 9:00 am or 10:00 am game times
The number one priority is the safety and comfort of our players. We follow all recommended local and State COVID protocols and recommendations for adult recreational sports. GGWSL COVID Health & Safety Plan
If you have any questions about the summer session, including registration, please get in touch with Alicia at email@example.com
Those players that are new to GGWSL or do not have a profile, start with STEP 1.
GGWSL Players who have a player profile set up start at STEP 2
Please note that you will not be able to use CHROME nor register from a cell phone.
STEP 1: Create a profile
- Hit the USER LOGIN link at the top right of any page of the GGWSL website.
- Hit CREATE NEW USER ACCOUNT. Create your profile by answering all the questions.
- NOTE: Please use your full legal name on your Photo ID.
- You will receive an opt-in email. After receiving this email and opting in, go to your profile. Go to USER LOGIN and enter your email and password.
STEP 2: Register
- On your profile page hit the link to PLAYER REGISTRATION (Right side of the page under "You are a member of the following leagues." Look in the area of GGWSL).
- Hit the EDIT PROFILE link. Select your player ability from the dropdown menu. Hit SUBMIT.
- Hit the REGISTRATION tab. Check the box for the division you will be playing. Hit SUBMIT.
- If you are playing in two divisions, check the two corresponding boxes.
- Returning players, if you have defaulted from last summer for two teams, but only want to play on one team for the current season, please email Alicia at firstname.lastname@example.org and let her know which team you would like to drop. Once you are dropped you can then continue the registration process.
- If the system shows you are pending for your previous, you can either add your new team or remain on your previous team. Just continue the procedure.
- From the REQUESTED TEAM drop-down box, select the team you want to join OR if a FREE AGENT please contact Alicia at email@example.com and let her know that you signed up and need to be placed on a team.
- Read the AMATEUR ATHLETIC WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY form and then sign (check the box) and hit SUBMIT.
- You are now aligned with the team and your team manager can add you to the roster OR a FREE AGENT and will be added to a team.
STEP 3: Payment of player fees
- Select your payment method.
- To pay via PayPal hit the BUY NOW link.
- If you need another payment option, please contact Angela at firstname.lastname@example.org.
STEP 4: Submit Forms
Vaccination Form - All new players (and returning ones who did not do so) need to submit proof of being vaccinated (if they would like to play without a mask).
Please submit documentation (vaccine card and photo ID) in one of the following ways.
- Fill out our Summer 2022 COVID Vaccine Updates Form
- Email your vaccine card and photo ID to email@example.com
Documentation needs to be received by 4:00 pm on Fridays to be updated for that weekend's game(s). You can play without proof of vaccination (if you wear a mask).
Questions regarding your vaccination form can be directed to Susan (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Toni (email@example.com).
Parent waiver form | Required for all players under 17 years and younger
Current FIFA Laws of the Game (http://www.fifa.com/en/game/laws.html) will be in effect with modifications.
- Length of Games:
- 2-30 minute halves (no halftime, switch sides).
- Number of Players:
- 5 - 8 players are allowed on the field for each team, including the goalkeeper.
- Team rosters must have a minimum of 10 and a maximum of 15- 20 players (roster maximum may be higher in certain circumstances).
- A minimum of six players is required on the field for an 8 aside team to start and continue a game. 5 players are required for 7 aside and 4 players are required for 6 aside.
- Substitutions: may be made when the following two conditions.
- The ball is out of play and the referee gives consent.
- The departing player must be off the field of play before the entering player steps on and the entering player must enter at the midfield line.
- No offsides will be called.
- Shin guards are required for all players.
- The goalkeeper must wear a different color jersey than all other players.
- Jerseys must be similar in color for all field players.
- standard size goals and nets will be used.
- Field Markings:
- The field will be one-half of a regulation soccer field. A reduced-size penalty area will be indicated by lines, cones, blue tape stuck to the field, or some other distinguishable way.
- After the goalkeeper uses their hands to control the ball, an indirect free kick (IFK) will be awarded by the referee to the opposing team if the goalkeeper throws or kicks the ball beyond the mid-field line without the ball first touching a player or the ground. The IFK will be taken from the mid-field line where the ball passed over the line.
- This rule applies to drop-kicks, goal kicks, punts, and throws by the goalkeeper. The goalkeeper may completely release the ball from their hands to the ground and then play it as any field player may do so (once she does so, she may be challenged as an opponent might challenge any opposing field player).
- Slide Tackles: slide tackles are prohibited.
- A direct free kick (DFK) will be awarded to the opposing team that will be taken from the spot of the slide tackle.
- Goal Kicks: Goal kicks must be taken anywhere within the goalie box.
- Goal kicks may not pass over the halfway line in the air unless first touched by a player other than the player taking the goal kick. Opposing players may stand anywhere outside the penalty area on a goal kick.
- Opposing players must be at least 7 yards (as opposed to 10 yards) on free kicks and kickoffs.
- Penalty Kicks:
- The penalty spot from which the penalty kick is taken is at the point of the white triangle next to the “20” marked on the field.
- This is centered on the goal and 12 yards from the goal line.
- One USSF-certified referee shall be used.
- Players are expected to honestly assist the referees with regard to balls out of play over the touchlines and the goal lines.
- No jewelry:
- Players may not wear any jewelry except for players having a medical condition requiring a medic alert bracelet or medic alert necklace. Medic alert items must be taped to the body.
- Game cards:
- Captains do not need to print out a game card. Instead, show the referee your team's game card via a smartphone (anyone on the team with a smartphone can show it to the referee). Captains, after the game please fill out your game report. Instructions on How to File a Game Report can be found at the bottom of the page HERE.
Copyright Ian Clarke
Site created by http://www.iclarke.net