GGWSL welcomes new teams to join our fabulous league!
Please contact the VP, New Players & Teams (email@example.com) to get the details and procedures on how to get your new team ready to start playing in an upcoming season!
Information for new teams
- Teams should have at least 15 to 20 committed players. You can have up to 27 players on your roster but can only 18 can suit up each game.
- Decide which area you would like to designate as your home - San Francisco, East Bay or North Bay. Half of your games will be held in your home area. The other half of your games will be held at your opponents home fields.
- Figure out if your team wants to set up weekly practices.
- Decide on a team name and what color jersey you would like to don. Your team can be any color you want but please make sure to have home whites (or pinnies).
- GGWSL team fees are approximately $1550 per team (as of Fall 2017). Each Fall season (or for a new team debuting in a spring season) you will also need to register with CSAN's Affinity registration system to obtain your player passes and sign player liability forms. Presently this cost is $26 per player.
- Spring season starts early March and ends in June. Fall season starts the weekend after Labor Day weekend and usually ends late November/early December (depending on weather).
- Think about what skill level your team should compete. Your team can start in the 4th division (for OPEN) or challenge into a specific division. You can speak with the VP, New Players & Teams to determine what works best for your team.
Copyright Ian Clarke
Site created by http://www.iclarke.net