GGWSL welcomes new teams to join our fabulous league!
Please contact the VP, New Players & Teams (firstname.lastname@example.org) to get the details and procedures on how to get your new team ready to start playing in an upcoming season!
Information for new teams
- Teams should have at least 15 to 20 committed players.
- You can have up to 27 players on your roster but can only 18 can suit up each game.
- Decide which area you would like to designate as your home
- San Francisco
- East Bay
- North Bay
- Half of your games will be held in your home area. The other half of your games will be held at your opponent's home fields.
- Additional decisions your team needs to make
- What is your team name?
- What is your team jersey color?
- Your team can be any color you want but please make sure to have home whites (or pinnies).
- Do you want weekly practices?
- GGWSL team fees are approximately $1650 per team per season (as of Spring 2022).
- The Spring season
- Starts in early March and ends in June.
- The Fall season
- Starts the weekend after Labor Day and usually ends in late November/early December.
- Think about what skill level your team should compete.
- Your team can start in the 3rd division (for OPEN) or challenge into a specific division. You can speak with the VP, New Players & Teams to determine what works best for your team.
Copyright Ian Clarke
Site created by http://www.iclarke.net